poshlusty

the what the fuck blog

Friday, March 31, 2006

Weak Tot Action

"REJECTED! Don't you Bring that Weak Tot Action! You go Strong to your mouth, or you Don't Go At All!"

God I love that Sonic commercial. I went from being ignorant of whether March Madness was College or Pro to being the leader of the pack in my office pool. I went from "whaaaa?" to screaming at my television thinking that that would help the score. The guys are so pissed at me. I am going to have a heart attack tomorrow when I watch the Final Four duke it out in Indianapolis. All can say is that I knew my LSU boys would do me proud, and no matter what happens tomorrow, I am happy with my respectable showing as a newbie. At the very least, I will finish 4th or 5th out of 20. That's not too shabby.



So a lot has happened. For one, M.K. let me drive his monster truck. Yeeeaahhh!!!! It's a manul but with a really smooth clutch. Even a retard like me was able to swing it around the block a couple times and it was like butta!

I got my second eye done at Stanford Hospital after much apprehension. My right eye had been healing up rather slowly and I thought the prudent thing to do would be to wait it out, one eye at a time. But it got very tiresome to have to take my glasses on and off and squint out of one eye or another, and I took the plunge for the second time yesterday.

I've got my fingers crossed and I'm nursing my eyes best I can. I have to say that doing your eyes is like having kids. With the first one, I was uber careful, super paranoid. This time, I'm like, "Whatever! Piece of cake!" I did have a couple funny close calls - lobbed a glob of heavy lotion into my right eye about a week after it was done. Was very fortunate that it didn't sting much and i was able to wipe it off. Exercise (or lack thereof) became a big deal. I was climbing the walls. I tried walking fo rmiles and miles, hiking, lifting weights, and obsessing about my eyes, with all my spare energy.

Alright. I better get off the computer. Gotta take it easy now, you know?

2 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger swimmerpie3331 said...

"Don't you bring that weak eye action! You get PRK done on both eyes or you don't do it at all!"

You know, epithelial wound healing is my speciality. Maybe we could meet up for coffee or tots to discuss sometime?

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

wow. take it easy. i envy all your energy. i wish I didn't have to yell at myself to get off the couch. I wish, instead, I could be like, "Yeah! Let's go DO something."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home