poshlusty

the what the fuck blog

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Brackets


Announcement to all: my tool-ish iPod is no longer nekkid. I scored a pink silicone case yesterday at the mall from a guy in a kiosk selling them at less than half price what you'd normally pay for them. He was Israeli and since I've spent a little time there, we reminisced about the Old Country with tears in our eyes. And he gave me a little discount. I will miss my gleaming white pebble but the jelly case sure is fun to hold ... and it's bright pink!

So I filled out my brackets yesterday, knowing nothing about basketball. The guys at the office were all talking about theirs and I figured I ought to participate since I've been inducted as an "honorary member" of the guys' club. There wasn't enough time to research team mascots, colors, or hottest players, so I just went with the teams in states where I've resided or have some spiritual connection to. This meant that Southern beat Duke in first round, Monmouth beat Villanova, and Davidson beat Ohio State.

Since I didn't have access to the shared U:\ drive in which we are storing our March Madness database (yes, someone programmed a database to keep track of our bets) I walked over to Ben's side of the office, sheepishly clutching my brackets sheet. Ben intercepted me and called me out on my picks. Although I was embarrassed, it was a stroke of fortune that he disabused me of the notion that Southern might actually stand a chance at beating Duke, etc. etc. "I hate Duke too, but ... it's your money, you know?" True, true. I changed my bets accordingly, but stuck with my final pick: LSU beats UConn in the champeenship.

Hey, why not???

4 Comments:

At 12:54 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

i did really well in my first picks! LSU was on my list too. but, in my picks, the big 10 takes over and represents all teams in the final 4.

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger swimmerpie3331 said...

Pink silicone... and nekkidness... that sounds almost dirty.

Oh, and the Big 10 is so overrated - too bad about Wisconsin. Ohio State and Iowa are trying to lose right as I type, too!

But then again, I shouldn't talk smack, seeing as my Kansas boys lost to Bucknell last year. Damn you, small preppie-sounding school that I've never heard of!

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger diebenkorn said...

b-ball ignoramus that i am: who are the big 10 and how did they get there?

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

big 10--awesome midwest schools, including WI, IL, Iowa, Ohio State, Michigan St, etc. Unfortunately, all my teams are sucking it up and are mostly out by now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home