poshlusty

the what the fuck blog

Friday, March 17, 2006

B-Ball and Eyeballs

This whole B-Ball thing is a marked change from the old sports-eschewing me... I used to be pretty opinionated about being anti-sports, mainly because it was useless big-budget entertainment that was pointedly sexist (womens' sports generates nowhere near as much revenue and publicity as mens'). It is amazing that I have changed into somewhat of a sports fan, from my previous anti-establishment leanings. I guess I'll just chalk it up to learning about new things and not being so hippie-bohemian anymore. And some of those basketball dudes are pretty cute. Freakishly tall, but cute. Yummy younger guys!

This is my first dispatch from a post-laser eye surgery day. After having visited countless doctors and read millions of scholarly abstracts about the procedure, and after conducted a research program with the meticulousness of a crime detective, I went in for the surgery yesterday and was treated to a spellbinding, hypnotic laser show in one eye. It was meditative and required an immense amount of concentration to focus on the laser's red light. I am happy to report that I am doing OK and have not tapped into my Vicodin/Valium stores yet, although I know that they are a portent of pain to come.

Allright, b-ball and post-surgery are a great combo. Cheers!

2 Comments:

At 9:57 PM, Blogger swimmerpie3331 said...

How prescient does my previous comment about Kansas basketball look now?

I wish I had undergone eye surgery so that I couldn't have witnessed the tragedy that befell my beloved Jayhawks.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

That's so awesome about the eye-thing! Let me know all the gory details b/c I TOTALLY want to do it. I mean, how geeky can I look with prescriptive goggles on while surfing b/c I can't see w/o any corrective lenses (water and contacts just don't mix).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home